Snail extract. What is it and what are the benefits it brings?
The secretion of Helix Aspersa snail, is a complete and balanced solution for skincare products having been created by a living being in order to protect, heal, regenerate and hydrate its own skin.
In terms of cosmetic interests, the snail secretion is made up of a conglomeration of ingredients, many of which are suggested to aid skin health, including:
- Hyaluronic acid
- glycol acid
The harvested, filtered and homogenized, concentrated and stabilized secretion is called snail extract or Poly Helixan.
Due to its precious compositions Poly Helixan has a complex effect on human skin:
- Smooths and repairs the skin, due to it’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects
- Adds a peeling effect, removing dead cells from the upper layers of the skin.
- Promoting the regeneration of cells and deformed tissue
- Moisturizes, restructures and improves skin elasticity
- Prevents the occurrence of infection, acting as a natural antiseptic
- Efficient against bacteria present in acne, such as Escherichia Coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
- Anti-inflammatory effect and regenerates cells and damaged tissues
Snail extract is immediately recognized by human skin cells and delivered to the deeper layers of the epidermis.
Shortly after application you can observe the miraculous effects: diminishing of imperfections, deep wrinkles, acne, wounds, burns, stretch marks, scars, spots due to age or prolonged exposure to sunlight, irritations.
Snail extract is best known for its anti-aging properties. It helps to stimulate the formation of collagen and elastin, protect skin from free radicals, soothe skin, repair damaged tissues and restore hydration. It can be used to treat dry skin, wrinkles and stretch marks, acne and rosacea, age spots, burns, scars, razor bumps and even flat warts.