Papanasi Moldovenesti – Romanian traditional dessert
Ingredients for this dessert:
200 g fresh cheese
50 g Sugar
1 vf knife salt
1 sachet vanilla sugar
100 g flour
Dessert Preparation, Instructions:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix well until everything is evenly combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the bowl and mix until a dough forms.
- Use your hands to form the dough into small balls, about the size of a golf ball.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Carefully place the dough balls into the hot oil and fry until they are golden brown on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the papanasi are cooked, remove them from the oil using a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the papanasi warm with a dollop of sour cream and a spoonful of fruit preserves on top.
Papanasi Moldovenesti is offered with cream and cherry or blueberry jam!
Enjoy your delicious homemade papanasi!
If you have additional questions, contact us and we will respond in a very short time.
Made in Romania.